Playground Program, Summer 2019
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Want your child to enjoy the summer time outside? Come and romp with other friends in playground program here at the Peterborough Recreation Department!! The Playground Program offers girls and boys (entering 1st through 6th grade) a wide variety of enjoyable and challenging summer opportunities, including optional weekly field trips. Between the pond, pool and the splash pad, there are plenty of opportunities to keep the kids cool during the hot summer months. The program runs for 8 weeks, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. We plan to start this program on June 24th, 2019. We hope to have many of last year's staff return!!
We are excited to tell you that there will be many new additions to this program - more information to come!!
As advertised in other venues, the price includes the mandatory pool pass EXCEPT for on this website. The price is broken down....hence the price differential if you compare the flier price versus the below price. The cost increase in the fliers is $10 to cover the season's pool pass for residents of Peterborough and the $53 non resident's season's pool pass.
The program will not be running on Thursday, July 4th.
The final day of the program- Friday August 16th- is a half-day.
Total cost, including an individual season's pool pass (field trips, camp-outs and extended days are excluded)
Non residents: $868.00
New to 2019
We listened!! Last year, there were some 6th graders who wished they were in the STC program. So, we are running a test - of sorts - this year. We are allowing kids entering 6th grade in the fall of 2019 to register for the second session of Summer Teen Challenge. If your child is interested in that option and you need a place for your child all summer, you may register for 4 individual weeks in the beginner of the summer and then for the Summer Teen Challenge program for the second half. Please call 924-8080 if you have any questions.
- Coordinator: PRD Staff
- As many returning participants will attest, this program is fun and well supervised, while providing a wide variety of stimulating activities.
- The kids have access to other planned activities available on Adams property. Some of these extra opportunities include tennis, swimming lessons, Swampbat baseball clinics, etc.
- The fees for these programs are in addition to the Summer Playground Program cost; however, our staff will conveniently bring your children to and from these extra programs conducted at Adams Playground.
- All registrants will be receiving a parent handbook in early June which will include general information as well as field trip permission slips and guidelines.
- Outstanding balances are expected in full 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the program.
- If full payment is an issue, please talk to the office staff about setting up a payment contract.
- Due to continuing payments collection issues, we will require payment of individual program components prior to the beginning of the that program.
- We ask Peterborough residents who feel they may be eligible for a scholarship to submit your application request by May 17th.
- Previous years’ balances - for all programs - must be paid before registering for the 2019 Playground Program can even be considered.
- Extended Care is available at an additional fee.
- Last Friday of the program is a half day.
Field Trip Information
- The staff organizes trips that are filled with lots of fun and adventure - during weeks 2 through 8!
- Based upon the success of our field trip "test" in 2018: The PRD will be covering the cost of transportation again this year......which, in turn, will lower the cost of the field trips overall!!
- These trips are not included in the cost of the Playground Program and are not mandatory.
- Children who do not go on any particular field trip will be supervised by staff remaining on the property, to enjoy what the day has to offer in Peterborough.
- In addition to field trips, we traditionally offer a few ever-popular camp-out opportunities.
- Dates to be determined as we get closer to summer.
- When you register for the program, you will be prompted to register for a pool membership for it is a mandatory part of the program. The price of the whole summer playground program is less on this website because you will be charged either $10/resident or $53/non-resident for an individual season's pass.
- You may also opt for a family pass at this point.
- This also applies to the individual week program slots.
- When you purchase a season's pass - it is good for the WHOLE season, not just when your child attends the playground program!
- If you do not want to participate in the program all summer, we do offer individual week slots.
- You may register for week increments - we do not break the time down smaller than this.
- Your child is eligible to go on the field trip for that week (separate fee) during the week of his/her attendance.
- Please remember, the price will be more if you have not already registered for a pool pass (that fee will apply for the first week you register your child). The pool membership is good for the whole season.
- Cost: $93 resident of Peterborough, $133/non resident (first week, the overall price will be higher due to the addition of a season's pool pass)